Here are 5 ways to demonstrate diversity leadership and make this an inclusive season for everyone in your organization.
- Make sure your Holiday party isn’t a Christmas party in disguise. Decorations and food should be general, and non-specific to any religion or include decorations and food that represent everyone in your organization.
- Ask employees what symbols and decorations that would like to have included in the celebration. Items can be placed on display with a written description describing the tradition, or employees can be given an opportunity to share stories. This can be an opportunity to learn about different cultures and religions and the traditions that accompany them.
- Consider having a New Year’s Party instead of a Holiday party. This type of party can get everyone on board with the company’s mission and vision for the New Year.
- Remember, some people do not attend parties at all. Members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses do not participate in parties or gift giving. No one should be pressured to attend the party
- Accommodate diverse palates, including dishes on the menu that can be enjoyed by everyone, including vegetarian